Followers

Monday, May 28, 2012

BEING A MUM


Before I had my daughter I had it all going for me, I lived in a perfect world,a world without cares or worries, a fabulous world. Then the pregnancy came along, I watched myself blowup every minute, what was happening? I thought I would loose it all as soon as I put to bed. Hmmmnn !!! After my angelic princess was born the weight didn't stop even with all the workouts? The breast feeding seemed to make it worse, ahhh! what should I do?. Then came the judges, they made life a living hell. Hey! they said, she is now ugly, she is so fat,she can't even take good care of herself! Then depression set in, I almost starved myself to death because , I wanted to please the whole world, I made everyone around me depressed too. I developed ulcers, the pains I can never forget. With self counseling and encouragement from my mum and my husband, I decided to live for myself , I appreciated all I had and tried to make myself constantly happy . Hmmmm!it wasn't easy at first but with time it became part of me. I took a lot of photographs,I changed hairstyles,I wore bold makeup,I got new clothes,new accessories,i danced at every slight opportunity,I played with my princess like a child,I smiled at my reflection whenever I looked in a mirror,wow!I was happy. Suddenly I realized I had shed all the weight hahaha the same weight that almost cost my life? The same weight that almost cost me my loved ones? Wait a minute! I didn't even have to starve or workout! But my clothes were so baggy on me, I could fit into my old clothes. Mums I share my story with you today. Like I said in my earlier post it starts from You! Learn to appreciate You. People are different, and their bodies react to situations differently, just be positive and always make yourself a happy mum. What works for your neighbor might not work for u. Try and find out what works for you and make yourself happy. Be a fabulous mum!

8 comments:

  1. nice one. keep up the good work. thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chlowiz your story is very close to mine. My second and third baby are very close did not have the chance to lose weight before taking in “u know how men are.” The third pregnancy was not easy was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, gained lots of weight and delivered my baby prematurely with S-section. I went from size 12 to size 16, the transition from size 12 to 16 was very depressing but I thank God for His support and comfort. I learn to appreciate my new beauty and my family, not focusing on my weight. Today I wear size 14 hoping to go back to my original size but not thinking too much about it. Big cheers to all mothers. Learn from my story and appreciate what yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Eunice, I am so proud of you for loosing that much weight and appreciating your beauty,I hope all mums learn from your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud that u cud share ur testimony wit others...... Keep being U that's the leSson. We can neva please the whole world! Men cherish ur wives...they are a blessing in disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobo I agree with you,men should learn to cherish their wives.

      Delete
  5. I appreciate u sharing this piece n I'm soo sure many mothers will too. Well done Nne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot jagabeauty,I hope this post encourages mothers and would be mums.

    ReplyDelete